Photos © I Amsterdam
in Amsterdam and livestreamed for virtual attendees on August 24-26 2021
With summertime and corona vaccinations done, a new and optimistic spirit is to come! We shall together return to normal mode and meet in Amsterdam on 24-26 August for the 5th World Congress on Tattoo and Pigment Research (WCTP 2021).
The WCTP Congress attracts researchers, the tattoo practitioners (decorative tattooists and PMU artists), the tattoo ink industry, instrument makers, representatives of national and regional authorities and people with special interest, who wish to take the pulse of the very recent development. The broad audience in our society is unique and needs a unique congress like this, with exchange of insight, experience, novelty and fuel to the mind and friendships.
WCTP 2021 has two main themes:
- Upfront EU regulation of tattoo inks with profound change of the whole tattoo industry, success or failure with need for damage reduction
- Corona, Tattooists’ and Clients’ safety in view of short-distance personal contact, with rehearsal of the new EU-CEN standard on tattoo hygiene
- Advances in experimental research, chemical characterisation of inks and pigments and their faith in the body and effects on tissues and organs
- Epidemiology, clinical research and tattoo complications addressing tattoo allergy, potential carcinogenicity and other topics
- The many faces and aspects of tattooing; from decoration to permanent make-up, micropigmentation and microblading to medical use for corrective purposes
- Tattoo removal today and in the future, recent trends
- Workshops and education with active participation of tattooists and PMU-artists
- The voice of the international tattoo ink manufacturers and resellers
The WCTP 2021 Congress will be held in Amsterdam, and we hope that most of you will join us at the Amsterdam University (Amsterdam UMC), but for those who are not able to travel to Amsterdam, it will be possible to register for virtual attendance only.
August is a perfect time to unfold the joy of being a tourist again, in delightful Amsterdam with easy access from most countries. It is important that you sign in early. A gentle cancellation policy is soon to be announced.
We look forward to welcoming you to Amsterdam in 2021.
On behalf of the ESTP board and the Local Organising Committee
Please note that the European Congress of Tattoo and Pigment Research has been renamed to World Congress of Tattoo and Pigment Research.
WCTP 2021 Congress President
Sebastiaan van der Bent, MD
Tattoo Clinic (Tattoo poli), Alrijne Ziekenhuis Leiden, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
WCTP 2021 Congress Co-host
RIVM National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ESTP Research Chairman
Jørgen Serup, MD, Professor
Department of Dermatology
Bispebjerg University Hospital
WCTP 2021 Congress Co-host
Dr. Ines Schreiver, Junior Research Group Leader “Tattoo Inks”, Department of Chemicals and Product Safety, German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
24-26 August 2021
Planetarium Meeting Center Amsterdam
1108 JA Amsterdam
Please see the below links for updated information on entry requirements and testing in the Netherlands
Please note that congresses and business meetings are still allowed in the Netherlands, eventhough multi-day festivals are not.
COVID-19 related restrictions and guidelines at the venue
Please note that you will be required to show documentation of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 PCR/Antigen Test together with your ID each time you enter the congress venue. At the moment, PCR/Antigen Tests may not be older than 24 hours.